Monday 25 February 2013

Studio h.

Studio H is a branding identity and packaging design studio based in London. I was drawn to their work because they have done a range of packaging designs but each appears very different from the others and some of the designs are unique to others I've seen previously. 



Initially I was fooled by this packaging design because due to the stock I thought it was a metal case containing the tea but upon closer inspection it's actually made from a metallic looking card. I really like the fact they have mixed up the range by using a couple of different shapes for their different products because this appears more interesting and it shows the effectiveness of the branding because it works together. This has made me consider that I could come up with a completely unique piece of packaging that could be part of my products brand essence. I've also looked at the bags they did as part of this project to see how branding can be applied effectively as this is another thing I will need to consider. 




This packaging is similar to something I have looked at previously within my research but I chose it because of the use of simple, bright, bold block colouring. Applied to specific areas, this way of adding colour is successful because its subtle. I think the fact there is so much other information on this packaging makes this even more successful because this needs a way of standing out and it does so on this block colour. 








No comments:

Post a Comment