Tuesday 26 February 2013

Nail Varnish; Illamasqua.



I decided to look at Illamasqua cosmetics as they are a high end brand so I wanted to see what approach they took to their packaging and branding. The text part of the branding takes on quite a sophisticated font which is something I expect from this type of product. They however, have this interesting shape as part of their branding which I find quite interesting because it's unique. The branding says to me that they are targeting an older audience but this makes sense because the majority of consumers will be older as they will be able to afford to buy into such a product. I was really surprised by the packaging but this isn't neccessarily a bad thing. It's so simplistic and has a very minimal colour pallet however, the colour choices are what adds to this high end aura the product has. The way that the branding is applied to the products tend to be by using the symbol as the first thing you see but this works because those who buy it will recognise this. 






No comments:

Post a Comment