Monday 25 February 2013

Geek Table; brief one.





For this brief we all had to go away and design something using our 'geeky' skill to represent the skill. For me I had to represent my hand rendering design skill so I decided to hand render the things that I use to hand render my work. The idea of these briefs is that they are very quick and an opportunity to do what we love so not much development is involved. Overall, I'm quite pleased with the outcome so far but I definitely feel that I want to develop it further because it looks a bit too simple at the moment and there are a lot of things I could do to enhance this. The fact that the drawings of the tools aren't completely perfect is definitely my favourite element about this piece because realistically hand rendered work is never perfect anyway. The colours are based on the actual tools too and the fact they are all constrating has been a bonus because it makes the piece look overall more visually interesting and exciting. I did two pieces to take to the crit, one of the tools alone and another a repeat pattern using the same drawing to see what people think works best. I think my personal favourite is the piece of the tools alone because I like the fact it's very minimal and would be able to work on a range of different scales. 

No comments:

Post a Comment