Monday 25 February 2013

Fudge Kitchen; Thorntons.

Thorntons is another brand I chose to explore for the fact they offer a high quality confectionary product. Although they are seen as the more afforable option as opposed to Hotel Chocolat they have a sophisticated range of packaging for me to explore and consider for my own product range. This is the second brand I have explored that has a logo consisting of type and again, quite a simplistic font. The fact the logo is purple makes me want to steer away from this straight away because I want my brand to be unique. The fact they have added a very slight gradient to the top of the logo makes the world of different because it brings it alive a bit instead of just being flat. 

Thorntons have a range of packaging starting with a simple bag like this and ranging up to more fancy boxes. I quite like this packaging design for the simplistic use of colour as I feel this is something that adds an element of sophistication to a product. If the colours could be based on something like these are based on a giraffe with my own packaging then this could work quite nicely. I however, need to look at producing something more high end to suit the shop I'm looking at. 

Again, a simplistic use of colour on the packaging comes across really effectively. The fact there is a balance between quite a fun approach to the packaging but also sophisticated works really well because it means its bold and eye catching. A simple repeat pattern makes this packaging interesting but not overpowering. 
Also using the idea of pattern/repeat pattern and simplistic design has again been utilised. The element I like most about this packaging is the circular shape because although this is another simple feature, it's a lot more interesting than the typical box. A set of complimentary colours is also an important aspect to this design because they are visually engaging. 
Although this packaging isn't as 'high end' as some of the others i've previously looked at, I quite like the idea of the long thin aspect to it and the way that it showcases the product inside so that you can see exactly what you are getting. The fact that this is also semi-decorated makes it more visually appealing, possibly to children. 
I really like this packaging design for the butterfly detail on the top. Although the packaging itself is really simple, this papercut butterfly adds to the quality because the consumer will feel as though time has been spent on it. This is also different to the typical box design in the way that it has flaps on top that fold in to seal it which is another effective feature. 
When I saw this packaging it reminded me of the Fudge Kitchen drinking fudge envelope packaging. This is a better way of packaging something like this because the Fudge Kitchen design was packaging within packaging so it seemed like a bit of waste where as this utilises all the seperate products without the use of more stock. Although I really like this idea, I'll probably steer clear of it because obviously it's already been done and it's too similar to the current drinking fudge packaging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment