Sunday 10 February 2013

Emily Ward Branding; business card.



After a conversation With Emily about her branding I asked her to consider what she would like on the front of her business cards and suggested that it could be her work. She linked me out to a blog of her work that she keeps but I wanted to make sure she was happy with the work chosen so asked her to give me some photographs of her favourite pieces. Above are the images of her work that Emily chose that she would consider having on her business card. 
I then realised that if Emily used a company such as moo she could have all these designs applied to business cards instead of just one. This would work quite well with the photographs she has given me because they already work as a set. 


Emily had already given me the relevent information that she required on her business cards so I decided to choose a range of typefaces from my font book that complimented this idea of using her signature. I've tried to keep these typefaces as simple as possible because I don't want to detract from the signature as this is realistically her logo. I've also used a range of serif and sans serif as Emily wasn't sure what she wanted to go with at the time. 

At this point I came up with the idea of having the logo on the front of the business cards because this reflects further the way in which she makes her work unique and personal. I tried it on two of the different images she sent me just to make sure this was going to be plausable if Emily decided she liked the idea. 







I then just experimented with general layout on the back of both the logo and the text. The possibilities are endless for this really because Emily's signature is really easy to work with and seems to fit most layouts so it just depends what she prefers when we next meet to discuss progress. 

Whilst I was working on the brief at this time I realised that there could be implications with using a signature due to fraud. Luckily I was due to have my tutorial with John and he reassured me that this was nothing to worry about because there isn't much that can be done with just a signature. I however, needed to make sure the client was still aware of this. As a back up John suggested cropping some of the signature out so it couldn't be copied. I've tried this above to see what Emily thinks. 



No comments:

Post a Comment