Monday 25 February 2013

KS design studio.

KS designs is an Austrailian based branding studio. I was drawn to their work for the fact they have simple yet effective solutions throughout some of the packaging briefs they have worked on. It was also a good opportunity to see what is generally going on elsewhere in the world in terms of design because usually I'm so focused on UK based design studios. 

I've found a few examples of this kind of packaging style with the cut out section but thought I'd add this one in too because it's really effective and adds depth to a really simple packaging design. I was also drawn to this for colour scheme inspiration because if quite nutral colours are used then the design is in no way being aimed at males or females seperately. The use of shape seems to work quite well on packaging design too instead of being really obvious and using images of the product inside. 

Again, looking at the idea of having a cut out section in order to showcase the product inside this is another really effective example. With my own packaging I was considering having two different sizes depending on how much of the product the consumer was purchasing and this example shows me that if the concept for the packaging is kept really simple, it's something that can easily be scaled up and down depending on the requirements. 

Looking at the idea of how the lables within a product range can link to the rest of the packaging so that when photographed together, all the products compliment each other. If a simple colour pallet is chosen, this also shows that different products can utilise these colours in unique ways so that everything looks similar but not exactly the same. 

I really liked this confectionary packaging for the fact everything is colour coded based on the product inside. Although this wouldn't really be as effective with my product as some are so similar it makes me consider how the colour choices could again effect the range. From a personal point of view, If the products utilise completely different products they may not be able to linked to the same range as much. 


No comments:

Post a Comment