Monday 4 March 2013

YCN UK Greetings; stock testing.

I've printed a couple of the animal designs onto different stocks to decide which I'd like to use when printing the final cards. The stocks I've chosen are card, watercolour, hammered card and pearlescent card. I've considered using a textured card because the design is so simple and I want it to have this hand rendered appearance to it so don't want to add finishes. Using textured card will add to the quality of the cards too. 

 
Hammered card texture. 


I printed the designs onto glossy paper too but I think this makes the design lose the handmade quality and the texture background doesn't seem to stand out as well on this. The hammered card is definitely my favourite because the texture is quite subtle within the design and it just feels nice to interact with. It's also not too thick so perfect for creating a greetings card and the textured background can be seen on this too. 






No comments:

Post a Comment