Saturday 2 March 2013

YCN UK Greetings; illustrations.

Based on the decision I'd made on what animals I am going to draw for the YCN brief I spent some time drawing these characters by hand to then create digitally or hand render further. I've always had a consistent style of creating black outlines with my illustrations so this is something I've decided to stick with as it works for me. When I was drawing these characters I just couldn't seem to get the eyes right so I came up with this kind of 'eyes shut' concept because it seems to make them all look happy and this is something I want to achieve. This also links back to the research I did into adding your own little twist to illustrations so that inspired me. I decided to also draw an element that links to each of the animals because I've already thought about maybe approach repeat pattern when I come to the product design stage so they are there to be used as part of that. I spent a lot of time drawing these, first in pencil and then adding the outline, because I wanted them to be quite neat but still have a hand rendered appearance about them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment