Monday 4 March 2013

Nail Varnish; cosmetic packaging.









Baljeet kindly lent me some of her make up packaging to photograph as part of my research for the nail varnish brief. It seems to be a very competative market looking at all the different varieties and the things companies do to try and stand out from each other. Overall a lot of the packaging is printed on a high quality stock and seems to have some sort of finish to further add to the quality. This is definitely something I should consider when creating my own packaging because I want to design high quality for an afforable product. Looking at the packaging has also made me consider beauty product branding because a lot of it tends to be text based, sometimes stylistic and sometimes a bit more simplistic. I think my favourite is definitely the yellow Topshop packaging because I like the shape on the top with the cut out sections, the stock and the finishes they have utilised. The colour is really simplistic but these elements together make it quite an interesting piece. 


No comments:

Post a Comment