Tuesday 19 March 2013

Design context publication; Newspaper//layout consideration.





I've decided for my design context publication that I'm going to create a newspaper publication. The reason for doing this is because I want my publication to be very heavily image based because it is afterall, going to be about image. With a newspaper, there is a lot of space for images and some of the images can be quite big too if I find large enough files on websites etc. I'll have a lot of freedom with the layout in general with this format. I looked at some of the newspapers that other people have had printed with the newspaper club (which I am going to use to print) to get an idea of the sort of direction I could take my own publication. I'd like a mixture of images on the pages in order to keep the reader interested in the publication. I'm not going to be able to have a full double page spread unless I ask the artist for original artwork which could be a bit of a faf. I think I'm going to work to my own grid system so it's consistent and have as little text as possible. Maybe just a short explination about each section and obviously credit the relevent designers/illustrators. 

No comments:

Post a Comment