Monday 4 March 2013

YCN UK Greetings; cards.


I went back to looking at using a block colour for the background of the card and maybe changing the colour so it doesn't link to the imagery in any way. Although this mint colour does work, it just seems a bit random so I definitely prefer the blue. 


I am happy with this choice of blue colour but I still feel as though something is missing from the design because the background doesn't really fit with the imagery and the design seems a bit flat. I tried the idea of adding the water droplets in again but in a different way but I still don't think this works. I'm happy with the overal layout of the card because it's balanced and all the elements on it seem to be of a good size but I'll have to do test prints just to make sure I'm definitely happy with this. 




When I was creating the dog card I decided to flip the imagery round because it didn't loo right when it was facing toward the logo. 


While I was thinking about how to enhance the overall design I decided to create the rest of the card designs based on the layout I'm happy with for the elephant card. Like with the elephant card, these cards have a background colour taken from the imagery. The great thing about utilising this idea is that all the background colours are different but they appear to work well together as a set because they are all bright and bold. 


I then came up with the idea to enhance the design I could add a texture to the background because this fits in with the animal drawings as each of them have texture with being hand rendered. The first example was quite a dark background texture image taken from google and this didn't really work because it made the design appear quite negative. I then took this background into photoshop and altered the colours so it was much lighter giving me the second example of the elephant with background. I think this works really well because it brings the card to life a bit more. I'm going to create my own textured backgrounds using pro markers so this again, fits in with the style of the drawings. 





No comments:

Post a Comment