Saturday 2 March 2013

YCN UK Greetings; branding my range.

I need a brand for my range as this is part of the requirement of the YCN brief. A name for the brand came to me pretty quick due to the quirky nature of the illustrations so this didn't really require much development and once I had this name I couldn't really better it. In keeping with the hand rendered theme I decided to use my own hand writing to create the logo. I wanted this to match the style of the illustrations so wrote imperfect lettering on this slope so the text itself also had character. I think this works well because it's simplistic and won't over power the imagery once the two are put together. I've scanned this in so that I am able to develop it further within illustrator. 


I tried a few different strokes within illustrator to see if I could enhance the logo design at all. I still feel that the simplest design, a little thicker than the original writing (at the top), works best because it's in keeping with the style of the imagery. When the logo is too thick it makes it harder to read. Keeping it simple black and white will also mean that it can be applied to any products and still work.


No comments:

Post a Comment