Monday 4 March 2013

YCN UK Greetings; cards.

I've decided to go for a square format with the cards because this seems to best fit how I've drawn the animals as on a rectangle they may look too lost with all the space around them. At this point I started looking at how I could place elements on the cards and what colours I could bring into them to make them stand out. 


I've taken the blue from the water coming out of the elephants trunk for this blue background. It keeps the design really simple and this is something I could utilise within the other card designs because there is a colour that can be taken from each one of the animal drawings. 











I then started experimenting with adding part of the image to the background to see if this made it more interesting and I've dropped the opacity back on the water drops too because when they are at the fullest, they distract from the elephant and the whole design clashes. The more minimal designs from these ideas work better where there are less water drops because the overall design doesn't look as over crowded. I'm still unsure about this idea though because I want to go for something really simple. I've also tried blue background on the back of the card but doesn't feel this works as well because the white on the back breaks it up a bit and is more true to usual greetings card design. 



I've also looked at using the elephant and the water as part of a repeat pattern design but this isn't as successful as the elephant by itself because you lose quite a lot of the detail and theres too much white space so it seems a bit clinical. 






No comments:

Post a Comment