Thursday 2 May 2013

Nail Varnish; test prints.





I've done some test prints of the single nail varnish packaging to see if this works and if a nail varnish actually fits comfortably inside it. I've taken a few photographs to show how the design is going to work realistically once I've printed it properly so this includes showing the inside of the packaging and how this would look etc. This was also a good test of making sure that the grey's I've used are working because I know they are quite light. When I did the first test print (first four images) I realised it's really diffcult to read the tag line on the packaging so I went back and changed this on all the products I had already designed to a darker grey. This will definitely show up when I come to printing the final outcomes. I also realised after the first test print that the packaging needed to be slightly longer and wider in order to it to close properly at the top because although the packaging just about shut, it made it look a bit untidy. The last image in this set is the refined larger packaging and this works a lot better, although the nail varnish probably has more room than really it needs, the whole concept works perfectly and looks a lot neater. I need to go back now and resize all the relevent files because I've got three versions of this packaging.




As well as doing the mock ups, I also did a few test prints on the actual stock I'm going to use which is card. I noticed a few mistakes on the actual designs as I was doing this. These were things like, the logo could do with being a bit bigger on the single packaging, the 'bright and bold' wasn't in the darker grey on the first bag print out and I also tested foiling to make sure this worked on the logo. The foiled bag was an A4 one that I originally intended to mock up but then I decided that this would be ridiculously small and wouldn't actually fit the packaging in it anyway. 




No comments:

Post a Comment