Tuesday 7 May 2013

Fudge Kitchen; colour re-think.

I've not worked on this brief properly for a while now and when I had the crit on the logos with foil the feedback was that people really liked the bronze colour. Originally the colours for packaging were going to be based on the colour of the logo but seeing as I'm going for foil, I've decided I need to re-think the colours I am going to use for the products. Although I really like the purple, this is well known for being Cadbury's colour so I maybe need to steer away from this. The green is also something they have utilised as a company before and because I want to refresh the brand, this is probably best not to be used again too. I quite like the blue/green on the left because I can't think of a product that uses this specific tone within the food industry. It's quite a warming blue too and it's neither masculine nor femanine. 

I've also looked at how the idea of the bronze foil/colour is going to work on this blue/green colour I've gone for. Although it's quite hard to see the logo at the moment on this, I need to print this page out and actually test the foil properly on top of this because I'll get a better idea of if this works or not. I've also started to look at colours I could use that will work on this dark background for other information/text that will need to be present on my packaging. I need to go for something that either compliments the background colour or the logo design. I will get a better idea of which colour to use once I make more design decisions about the style of the products. 


No comments:

Post a Comment