Friday 17 May 2013

Design Context Publication; applied Image.




Peta Hedemann - Graphic Designer based in Canada. 



Olia Saunders - Photographer and Graphic Designer based in New York. 




Polly Isbelo - Surface Designer based in Brazil. 

Abigail Decker - Surface Pattern Designer based in New York. 

Sam Osborne - Designer based in the UK. 



Suzanne Lefebvre - Surface Pattern Designer and Graphic Designer based in New York. 



Eleven56 - Design Studio based in the USA. 

Applied image is another factor that has informed my practice this year. I've learnt more about designing for products and which products my designs are best applied to, to create ranges. A lot of designers are creating applied image work so there is plenty of inspiration out there that has informed some of my briefs. I'm really drawn to bright work that is usually made up of repeat patterns and although it's not completely relevent to my practice, have gotten into design for textiles. I particularly like the project above on mugs because although the designs themselves are quite simplistic, the context of them is what makes it interesting. This is a factor I've tried to apply to my own design practice. 











No comments:

Post a Comment