Tuesday 16 April 2013

Yearbook; quote typeface and layout development.


As we are progressing with the yearbook, I was given the task of choosing quotes, a typeface and layout for the quote pages we have running throughout. I chose quotes that I thought were really significant to the course based on what Duncan has said and also quotes that I think will draw people in and the most important things they should know. The quotes are obviously subject to getting the rest of my groups feedback though. The typefaces I experimented with were all quite simple because the quotes need to stand out. I looked at san serif and serif but feel that san serif is going to be better due to the nature of the yearbook and the overall approach being modern. My personal favourite typeface is 'champagne and limousines' but again, I'll have to feed back to the team and see what everyone thinks as well as getting Duncan's approval. The layout seemed pretty straight forward because although I did experiment with the quotes being in different places, nothing looked right apart from having them central. Once everyone has agreed, these quotes will need to be passed on to whoever has the most recent copy of the yearbook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment