Tuesday 30 April 2013

Nail Varnish; brand development.

Photoshop edit
Because I didn't really like the scribbly bit within the font I took it into photoshop and erased this out. I tried to make the edges as neat as possible to make the live trace in illustrator neater too. 

Live traced
The first time I tried live tracing this from photoshop it came out like this with loads of gaps in. This is probably because some areas of the font are quite thin. I then went back into photoshop with the original edit and drew lines in using the paint brush where you can see gaps on the above text. 

Live traced
This is what it looked like after I'd live traced the text again so this is what I'll take forward to develop the logo properly. 


I then experimented with different colours and was quite drawn to have the logo grey because this is quite a neutral colour and I needed to choose something that is going to work on the bottles which will contain different coloured nail varnish. I also looked at adding these kind of droplet shapes into the design because it seemed quite plain and it started to work best attached to the actual logo in some way because it's quite a subtle touch but makes a difference. 

This is the logo I'm going for and the reason it's so light is because I've decided that I'm going to foil it because this will add to the quality of the packaging. Although it doesn't work as well as a flat colour on a white background, when applied to nail varnish bottles etc, this will definitely work because it will stand out off colour as seen in the development pages. I'm pleased with this because it's really femanine and quite modern considering it's so stylised. 


No comments:

Post a Comment