Wednesday 16 January 2013

Proposal and preparation group tutorial.

During this tutorial we discussed our position statement so, where we feel we are within the industry now and then went through each of the briefs we would like to under go for the final major project. After explaining what we would like to do for each of our briefs the group discussed ideas that could be relevent to each brief in order to help decide what direction we would like to take them in. Below I will list each of my briefs, what I am going to get out of them and areas to focus on/considerations for throughout the course of the briefs. 

YCN: Reading and Leeds Festival
- Digital
- Promotional
- Branding
- Sutdent market

Fudge Kitchen:
- Print 
- Packaging
- High end
- Quality
- How can this be made as popular as the chocolate bar?
- Focus on tourists as this is the main current market

Geek Table:
- Collaborative
- Branding
- Quick turn over of briefs
- Targeted at the creative industry

Nail Varnish:
- Branding
- Research driven based on the market
- Promotion
- Point of sale etc

YCN UK Greetings:
- Branding
- Product and range
- Applied image
- Base the concept on a particular theme different to the norm for this part of the industry
- The theme will determine the target market

Yearbook:
- Collaborative 
- Print
- Cross course
- Publishing
- Industry standard printing

Tigerprint:
- Colour theory
- Research driven via fashion and the idea of trends
- Print based 
- Applied image
- Product and range
- Male target audience in order to expand my own selection of work

This tutorial was overall really useful because it made me more confident about my briefs and I now know exactly what I'm going to get from each of them. All of my briefs definitely link together in some way so I know I'm designing within my interests in order to get the best out of my portfolio. I now need to go away and determine some of my target audiences as I begin to come up with ideas for some of my briefs and also re-write my position statement because although I was able to tell everyone in detail, I don't feel that what I've written so far best communicates my position. 


No comments:

Post a Comment