Tuesday 8 January 2013

BAGD Yearbook proposal; Initial layout ideas.


Before the christmas break we all agreed that we would go away and come up with our own layout ideas based on what we had discussed so that when we returned we'd have something to work with as a starting point. These are the layout ideas I put together on the basis that each person would get one page each but this could be easily adapted so that the designs became a double page spread. Although we had discussed this idea of folding things out, for the time being I decided I'd leave to this to one side and concentrate more on the layout of the content. I wanted to keep my design ideas as simple as possible because I feel it's more important that the yearbook has a focus on content. The page designs are based on a student profile and in particular my own. With the little image of me this could be an idea in itself that everyone draws their own character in their personal style or alternatively this could actually be a photograph. The concept behind the colour choice is that each student would pick their favourite colour to be placed in various forms on the page depending on which layout we decide to go with. This makes the design quite fun and mixes it up visually and can also reflect personality from each student. 

No comments:

Post a Comment